MAN:
You are the reason that
I live the oxygen in my lungs
Let me be the letters
needed for the right poetic remarks
You are the principle
that solves my complicated arithmetic
One hundred beats per
minute, rhythm in my heart my heart beat
Ahwenepa nkasa: Beauty
of silence though 250plus stringed waist beads
Up down to fro I have
been but you the only one that I seek
When compasses are
broken down on the deep seas, lost; that is how one will feel without love but
when your love encompasses you appear as a flickering sign of hope, my
lighthouse
Clean and with a pure
heart spotless the white house that will be the official abode of my complete
self…
WOMAN:
Of course this act is
mutual my president my heart shall be your official residence,
Intricately designed with
complexity where there is difficulty in the ability to form images and ideas in
the mind; scrimmages, especially of things never seen or experienced directly.
I am a coded language
bar lines; ordained long before time my Mourinho the special one my only
decoder; so flip, click, have free access into my hidden channels.
My heart is like the
Cinderella shoe not everyone can fit but you.
Oxygen in my breath
Iron in my legs, carry
me to where I deserve
Your whole self is gold
how else can I describe your worth.
I dare anyone to take
this action
Get on the periodic
table and this trinity can’t be broken down by any chemical reaction
The 70% of my total
body mass two part hydrogen one part oxygen and you know how to best quench my
thirst, “il meglio”; you the best…
MAN:
I will cleave to you till
the end of age, like breasts stay together in the bra of love even though
separated by cleavage,
The ink of my pen destined
to bleed in the clean page of your private papyrus so legally let me emboss my
emblem; colophon…
My sunshine; my light
energy trapped in chlorophyll, you complete my photosynthesis
Panorama, flashes, the
photo-grid of your persona, speaks better; photo-sentences.
Mutual protection I
prefer you an angel to being a police, because I don’t want my cardiac arrested;
I am not ready to be laid to rest yet…
Why die when one can
live for love especially’ when the ultimate has been done by Yashua on the
cross for all of us.
The reason I think it’s
an error to speak of Eros and point to cupid and his arrows.
I prefer you a thief to steal my heart; klepto,
we both know it’s all yours though, steal mine let me steal yours, the beauty
of theft only in this scenario.
The reason I love you
is because there is no reason.
Written by Laud Kweku Kannetey
Halm-Quartey
A contemporary Ghanaian poet
Affectionately addressed as ldp
or Laud De Poet
Twitter : @LaudDePoet
NB: plagiarism of this piece is not
acceptable one may use only in acknowledgement or direct reference to the
author; @LaudDePoet https://twitter.com/LaudDePoet www.facebook.com/LaudDePoet
Enjoy
ReplyDelete